Responsible for the electronic design and development of Intelligent Medical Devices
Work Location: Rome – Italy – Viale Ostiense 131/L
- Proactively collaborate with other teams (AI, Mechanical, Quality)
- Work across functions and team boundaries to define, design, and implement the next generation of products.
- Create and iterate user needs, risk management, and product requirements while identifying plans for verification and validation
- Identify and mitigate project risks
- Interface with internal and external suppliers, manufacturers, and customers
- Work collaboratively with project teams and engineering skillsets through all stages of development
- Ensure regulatory, statutory, and legislative compliance
Qualification – Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of medical device specialization with strong understanding of electronic based technologies
- Critical analysis of electronic boards
- Prototyping, testing, debugging, troubleshooting on electronic boards
- Knowledge of laboratory instrumentation
- Knowledge of PCB design and debugging tools, especially Altium.
- Integration of electronic boards into a system
- Interfacing with software, firmware and mechanical departments.
- Design of wiring diagrams of digital circuits (FPGAs and microcontrollers).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage key Stakeholders
- Effectively utilize problem solving skills and techniques to identify potential issues, assess their impact, and develop and implement mitigation and resolution plans and activities
- Full understanding of Design Control
- Experience with creation and full traceability across user needs, risk management, product requirements, and V&V
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of associates, management, and external partners
- Knowledge of Altium Designer.
- Knowledge of major communication protocols.
- Electromagnetic immunity and EMI-oriented design expertise.
- Knowledge of VHDL, C language.
- Knowledge of Xilinx development environment.
- Ability to work under stress and under time constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Aptitude for teamwork.
- Aptitude for continuing education.
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- At least 5 years of electronic board prototyping experience
- Fluent English, written and spoken.
- Experience in electromedical products.
- Nice to have: Expertise on IEC 60601-1 and IEC 60601-1-2.
- Knowledge of ISO, regulatory and legislative standards applicable to the development of medical devices
- Expected travel is 30%
Email us attaching your CV, portfolio and a motivational letter