The website www.cosmoimd.com of Cosmo Artificial Intelligence – AI Ltd
t/a as Cosmo Intelligent Medical Devices – IMD, the Data Controller, hereinafter called “data controller”, uses cookie and similar technologies to ensure the proper functioning of the website and improve the experience of using website and other related applications from the user. This document provides detailed information on how they are used by the Data Controller and how to manage them.
Cookies are short fragment of text that allow the web server to store information on the users’ device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) to be reused during the same visit to the site (session cookies) or later, also many days later (persistent cookies). Cookies are stored through the browser (program used for browsing the internet), according to the user’s preferences. As stated in the guidelines of 10th June 2021 (Linee guida cookie e altri strumenti di tracciamento) “Information encoded in cookies may include personal data, such as an IP address, a username, a unique identifier or an email address and it may also include non-personal data such as language settings or information on the type of device a person is using to navigate within the website.”
Similar technologies, such as, for instance, web beacons, transparent GIFs and all forms of local storage introduced with HTML5, can be used to collect information on user behavior and use of services. The same result can be achieved also using other “passive” tools, such as fingerprinting, which is the technique that allows to identify the device used by the user through the collection of all or some of the information related to the specific configuration of the device itself adopted by the data subject.
In the following parties of this document, we will refer to cookies and other similar technologies just using the general term “cookies”.
TYPES OF COOKIES
- Strictly necessary ‘technical’ cookies. These cookies are essential for the proper functioning, navigation and use of the site, ensuring the Data Controller to provide the service. The duration of cookies is strictly limited to the work session (when the browser is closed they are deleted). Their deactivation compromises the use of services accessible by login. The public part of the Data Controller’s site remains normally usable.
- Analytical and performance cookies. These are cookies used to collect and analyze traffic and use of the site. These cookies, even if they do not identify the user, allow, for example, to detect if the same user returns to log on at different times. They also permit to track the system and improve its performance and usability. These cookies can be deactivated without any loss of functionality.
- Targeting cookies. These are permanent cookies used to identify (anonymously or not) the user’s preferences and improve their browsing experience. Profiling cookies allow the Data Controller to customize the provision of the service beyond what is strictly necessary for the purpose of providing the service, as well as to send targeted advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user when surfing the web.
LEGAL BASIS: THE CONSENT
For the use of strictly necessary technical cookies, the data controller will be only required to provide specific notice, which may be included within the general one, including their use in a codified hypothesis of exemption from the obligation to obtain the consent of the data subject. The analytical cookies, used by the site, are subjected to anonymization and can be equivalent with technical cookies.
Cookies and other tracking tools used for different purposes than technical ones may, however, be used only after the acquisition of consent, however informed, by the user, based on the provisions of Article 122 of the Privacy Code, and respecting the requirements of recital 32 of the Regulation (“GDPR”).
COOKIE USED BY THIS WEBSITE
The analytical cookies, used by the site, are subjected to anonymization and can be equivalent with technical cookies. All technical third party cookies used by the Data Controller are listed below in a table.
|_pk_id*||Matomo||Tracking cookie. The functionality of this cookie is to store a unique user ID for statistical purposes.||13 months|
|_pk_ses*||Matomo||Tracking cookie. The functionality of this cookie is to store temporarily data for the visit.||30 minutes|
|_grecaptcha||www.google.com||This cookie is set by Google, the reCAPTCHA protects the site from spam requests in contact forms.||6 months|
Some cookies (session cookies) remain active only until the closing of the browser or the execution of the logout command.
Other cookies “survive” after the browser is closed and are also available on further visits by the user. These cookies are called persistent, and their duration is fixed by the server at the time of their creation. In some cases, an expiry date is set, in other cases the duration is unlimited.
The Data Controller’s website makes use of either session cookies or persistent cookies.
Please note that by browsing the pages of the Controller’s website, you may interact with sites managed by third parties who may create or modify cookies.
The user can decide to accept cookies or not, using the settings of the browser.
Attention: it is not allowed to disable all or part of the technical cookies “strictly necessary”, in order not to compromise the use of site features dedicated to users.
Disabling technical cookies that are not strictly necessary and other tracking tools for purposes other than technical ones does not affect navigability in any way.
The setting can be defined specifically for different websites and web applications. In furthermore, the best browsers allow to define different settings for ” owner ” and ” third party ” cookies. For more details, please refer to the links below:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/it/cookies.html
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/HT201265
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
The Data Controller reserves the right to modify this policy whenever necessary. Users are encouraged to check this page periodically in case they want to keep track of such changes.