Lead the SaMD (Software as Medical Device) Team
Work Location: Rome – Italy – Viale Ostiense 131/L
- Lead the SW team:
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Set clear team goals
- Motivate team members
- Oversee day-to-day operation
- Discover training needs and provide coaching
- Encourage creativity and risk-taking
- Design, develop and maintain SW as Medical Devices.
- Proactively collaborate with other teams (Electronics, AI, Mechanical, Quality)
- Create and iterate user needs, risk management, and product requirements while identifying plans for verification and validation
- Identify and mitigate project risks
- Interface with internal and external suppliers, manufacturers, and customers
- Work collaboratively with project teams and engineering skillsets through all stages of development
Qualification – Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Full understanding of Design Control
- C and C++ are a must (at least 3 years development experience)
- Python and Bash are a plus
- Basic knowledge of computer architecture
- Basic knowledge of operating systems and in particular Linux
- Knowledge of system libraries and the Posix standard
- Ability to design and develop data structures
- Knowledge of the main compilation tools
- Ability to compile third-party libraries, archives, etc.
- Ability to integrate proprietary software with third-party software
- Knowledge of computational complexity
- Ability to analyze problems and synthesize algorithms
- Multi-threaded application design and development
- Knowledge of key synchronization techniques and tools
- Design and development of modules for the Linux kernel
- Knowledge of medical device specialization with strong understanding of electronic based technologies
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage key Stakeholders
- Effectively utilize problem solving skills and techniques to identify potential issues, assess their impact, and develop and implement mitigation and resolution plans and activities
- Ability to work under stress and under time constraints.
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- Master Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Software Engineering (PhD is a plus).
- At least 5 years of experience with C and C++ (mainly standard library), and a basic knowledge of Python and Bash. Experience with GPU programming (CUDA) is a plus
- Knowledge of ISO, regulatory and legislative standards applicable to the development of medical devices
- Fluent English, written and spoken.
- Knowledge of ISO, regulatory and legislative standards applicable to the development of medical devices is a plus
- Expected travel is 30%
We support equal opportunities, without any discrimination.
The research complies with Legislative Decree 198/2006
Email us attaching your CV, portfolio and a motivational letter